Dissolution of Marriage

If there are children involved in a dissolution of marriage, a decree will not be issued by the Court unless it is shown that both of the parties have successfully completed a program called “Families in Transition.” You may enroll by calling (260) 824-8574. Likewise, all parents should be aware of the presumption of the application of the parenting guidelines.

These guidelines can be found at www.in.gov/judiciary/rules/parenting/index.html

Basically, these guidelines illustrate the customary allotment of time between the two parents often called “visitation.” Likewise, the Supreme Court has issued guidelines in determining the amount of support to be payable by the non-custodial parent.

These guidelines can be found at www.in.gov/judiciary/rules/child_support/index.html

Finally, a dissolution of marriage cannot be granted until at least 60 days have expired after the date of filing.