Hanna Nuttman Park
- Baseball / Softball Diamond
- Campsite / Cabin
- Concession Stand
- Drinking Fountain
- Picnic Tables
- Running / Walking
About the Park
Hanna Nuttman Park is located on Washington Street, just West of 13th Street. Hanna Nuttman Park is the last remnant of the original forest in the Decatur area.
This land was given to the City in 1932 to be used for the enjoyment of all residents. In the park, there are 7 ball diamonds that are primarily used by the youth and adult baseball and softball leagues; there is also a playground with a slide, swings, and merry-go-round.
Beyond the ball diamonds, there are 2 cabins; 1 built by the Decatur Boy Scouts, and the other by the Decatur Girl Scouts. Both organizations are still active and continue to maintain those cabins as well as local Scout troops.
As you follow the road beyond the cabins, there is a large field with more swings and another slide. Hiking trails wind through the woods, which begin in the vicinity of the Girl Scout Cabin and on Washington Street. The City's official Nature Trail begins on Washington street by the brown recreation sign. The trails are an excellent place to observe wildlife, such as the bats who live in the bat houses hung by Decatur residents.