- Animal Shelter
- Assessor’s Office
- Auditor’s Office
- Building & Planning Office
- Circuit Court
- Clerk’s Office
- Commissioners’ Office
- County Council
- Drainage Board
- Emergency Management Agency
- Extension Office
- Geographical Information Systems
- Health Department
- Parks & Recreation Department
- Probation Office
- Prosecutor’s Office
- Recorder’s Office
- Sheriff’s Office
- Superior Court Office
- Surveyor’s Office
- Treasurer’s Office
Who is the Assessor?
The Adams County Assessor is Don Kuhn. Mr. Kuhn is assisted by five full time Administrative staff members.
What does the County Assessor’s Office Do?
The primary duties of the Adams County Assessor’s Office are to determine the assessed values of real and personal property and certify those values to the County Auditor for taxing purposes.
Additionally the Assessors Office is responsible for the following tasks:
- Serves as Inheritance Tax Appraiser to release bank accounts, stocks, bonds and other personal assets held by the decedent
- Identifies Townships for the Bureau of Motor Vehicle’s distribution of Excise Taxes
- Provides information to individual Taxpayers, Realtors, Appraisers, and Insurance companies.
- Works closely with the DLGF to adopt rules for assessing property in Indiana
- The Assessor serves as Secretary to the County Property Tax Assessment Board of Appeals
How is my Property Value Determined?
Values are determined by periodic on-site inspections of the property in accordance with State guidelines.
When is the Tax Assessment Date?
The annual date of assessment is March 1st.
How do I file Personal Property Tax Information?
Self Assessment forms for Personal Property are available each spring. The forms must be filed by May 15th. Copies of the form are available at the Adams County Assessor’s Office The self assessment forms (103, 103s, 104, 102) are also available on-line.
How do I contact the Assessor’s Office?
The Adams County Assessor’s Office is located at 313 West Jefferson Street, The Adams County Service Complex, Room 230 in Decatur, Indiana. The Office telephone number is 260-724-5301.
Online Property Information:
- 313 W. Jefferson St.
- Suite 230
- Decatur, Indiana 46733
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.